Thursday, September 24, 2009

Woohoooooo!

We're leaving tonight at 1:00am! I haven't felt this excited in who knows how long! I let out a big, "Wooohoooo!" in my car today. I'm ready for the journey with my journal, books, ipod, and of course...my eye mask and ear plugs. :)

Allow us to share a huge blessing with you. With the Lord's leading we did not raise funds nor did we ask anyone for money for this trip. At first we weren't sure how we were going to be able to make ends meet--especially since I have taken a break from working to be able to rest, grieve, and heal. So, we just had to wait on God and say, 'You know what we need. Would You please provide for us?'

And He, in His tender mercy, has. These last two weeks we've seen God meeting our needs. We have had to continue to pay our bills and have also had to book and reschedule flights we were supposed to take earlier this year. So, some people have graciously given to us and our bills have been able to be paid. What has been coming in is pretty much the exact amounts that we need. Amazing! I told King the other day, "Look, the cost of rescheduling and booking flights has just been covered!" (I even got a random check in the mail for $17 from a law suit of a job agency and I had no idea I'd be a recipient. hehe!)

Over these last months I've been confused about why we lost our daughter and out of that confusion, some doubts in His love for me arose. I wondered if He cared for me...I mean, I knew He did in a large scale sense, but for me, personally and intimately. Him providing for us has truly softened my heart toward Him. My life is in His hands and He HASN'T forgotten us. :)

Thank you to those of you who have given financially to us. Know that your giving is answered prayer. He does hear and answer. And this has just fueled the flame in our hearts of knowing that He loves us and is faithful.

To those of you who have committed to praying for us, be blessed as we update you (when there is internet access!) on what is happening through this blog.

Rejoice and praise God with us, friends. This trip has been a desire of our hearts and it's finally here. And that calls for another, "Wooooohooooo!!!" :)

2 comments:

Mortiztory said...

We'll be praying for you. I'm passing your newsletter to our small group. Happy and proud to be your Ninong. I know your Ninang Lelot too.

Anonymous said...

Woohooooo!