Sunday, February 8, 2009

Her gardenia bonzai, Santa Barbara, love gifts, Bible, gebera daisy, and painting


Someone had a gardenia bonzai tree delivered to my parents house in memory of Malaya a few days ago. We've been enjoying the beauty and smell of the flowers. If this person would be so kind, would you email us and let us know that you were the one who sent it? You can email us at kingandfaye@gmail.com . We're not sure if you wanted to remain anonymous, but we wanted to be able to thank you properly. I don't really have a green thumb, but I will be sure to take total care of this lovely plant. God gives beauty.

We will be heading to Santa Barbara tomorrow. A dear, dear couple from church has always been close and just like family to King, me, and my own family. They have given us the gift of three nights at The Old Yacht Club Inn: a bed and breakfast one block away from the beach. King and I have been talking about going up there for months and since everything has been happening we have also felt a need to be able to just get away and relax for a while. This is truly answered prayer. God cares for us.

We weren't expecting that people were going to give us anything financially...we just wanted to show off our baby girl. We received some monetary gifts and for this we are definitely grateful. We will be using these love gifts for all the arrangements we will be making for Malaya. God provides.

Ate Joy came early to the service to help out with what she could and she gave us this Bible with Malaya's name engraved on it. Her presence and kind words helped me gather strength especially before the service. God's Word remains forever.

We have been getting a lot of flowers and they have been a joy to me whenever I see them. Here is one such plant, a gebera daisy, that our friend, Anna Liza, planted on behalf of King, Malaya, and me that she said was a reminder to pray for us. God answers prayer.

Here is a picture of a painting that our friend, Jessica, has painted on behalf of Malaya. I didn't cry much at Malaya's life commemoration service, but this touched me so much when she handed this to me. God is taking care of our baby girl.

We are very blessed to have so many people who love us. We appreciate you.

1 comment:

Laura said...

So beautiful...your sweet baby girl is so loved and so are you.